I'm not sure how many of you like the stinky Korean soybean paste called Doenjang (된장), but basically it's a paste once you get passed the smell is a magnet of flavor to your tongue. I've had my love/hate relationship with it as I'm sure most Koreans have from an earlier age on... but today I want to introduce to you an additional taste bad magnet, sun dried tomatoes to the mix. I added a handful of the prune-y yummies and the entire soup had a refreshing pick-me up flavor to it, which usually doesn't come across your typical doenjang soup.
If you dare, try it some time with your own recipe. Enjoy.
My rough recipe for this, since I don't measure things out...
- 2 big spoon full of doenjang paste from any Korean market
- 2 Zucchini cut up into thick slices
- 1 Potato cut up into cubes
- handful of sun dried tomatoes
- Water to cover everything
- Dashi to create the base broth
The longer you cook and reduce, the better it taste.